Beauty rituals from Kerala, with Shruthy Menon
“It’s very simple, it’s not expensive and it works like magic”
Foraying once again down nanis’ and dadis’ natural beauty rituals, we have Shruthy Menon, who shares with us the secret behind her sunlit skin. The actor and anchor made a mark for herself in Malayalam cinema very early in her career, and she was last seen in the web horror series Typewriter.
Drawing from her Malayali roots, Menon’s remedy combines the goodness of coconut oil with coffee’s nourishing properties. Both these ingredients are found in abundance in the south of India, especially Kerala, where Menon’s family is originally from. The coconut oil is a moisturising agent while the coffee granules act as exfoliants. Coffee is also rich in antioxidants and helps reduce puffiness when allowed to rest on the skin for a few minutes. “It’s very simple, it’s not expensive and it works like magic,” says Menon while talking about one of her go-to beauty rituals.
Beauty rituals from Kerala — coffee coconut scrub
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coffee
- 1 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil
- Combine both the ingredients in a bowl. Feel free to add more coffee if the mixture is too watery as that might cause the scrub to drip off your face.
- Take the mixture on your fingers and begin scrubbing.
- While you’re scrubbing, make sure you avoid the region under your eye as that part of your face is very sensitive. “Be gentle,” advises Menon.
- Apply a thin layer all over your face and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and dab your face clean with a towel.
WATCH NOW:Beauty Rituals with Sejal Kumar