The Priyanka Chopra diet includes chaat, nachni rotis and tequila
“I wake up for food”
You’d be forgiven for thinking the ‘Priyanka Chopra diet’ consisted of green smoothies, three almonds and prayers, but the actor-producer would like to set the record straight. “I live for food, I wake up for food. I have breakfast talking about lunch, I have lunch talking about dinner,” she admits sheepishly in a recent interview, adding that she’s not one those abominations who can inhale kilos of biryani and have it disappear without a trace. “I’m not one of those souls who can get away with eating anything. I’ve learnt how to sort of hide it in a very creative way.”
When the The Sky Is Pink actor is exploring a new city, finding the best places to eat is her ‘jam’. So just like us, she tends to pack on those holiday pounds around Diwali and Christmas and “it takes me a few months, until about March, to get my summer body back.”
Her favourite method to drop the extra padding that binging on mithai and her favourite chaat brings on? Skipping. “I learnt it well during school and even better during Mary Kom, so I try and get my cardio in by skipping. It’s also easy to carry,” she explains in her interview with Pinkvilla.
Here’s the real Priyanka Chopra diet you’ve been curious about
- “For breakfast, I have eggs like omelettes or avocado toast. If I’m feeling indulgent and I’m in India, I love eating parathas. Stuffed parathas are my favourite.”
- “For lunch, I love ghar ka khaana so when I’m in India, I only eat that. When I eat Indian food in America, it always comes in dabbas and there are never fresh phulkas.
- I’m vegetarian right now so I’m doing nachni rotis these days, which are amazing. I love bhindi, dal, aloo-gobi. I love having dahi, achaar. Salad is very important.
- Admitting that it’s her husband Nick Jonas who takes charge in the kitchen because she can’t cook, she adds, “I’m not a sandwich person, so when I’m in the US, I’ll do like a roast fish with veggies, and a fresh salad” for lunch and dinner, preceded by her favourite — soup.
- The Priyanka Chopra diet includes drinking plenty of water through the day, and she’s also cut down on her coffee consumption to stay healthy. As for her weekend poison, she jokes, “Tequila? I think tequila is super healthy.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Priyanka Chopra Jonas (@priyankachopra) on